1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has come up already, but good God.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you?

jr/shotglass likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Those last three are a disgusting choice.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thank God they had vouchers to save them from the Ivy League and better funded state schools.

I can almost see a point behind their poorly-worded efforts here, but with the negative reputation they bring to the table, this administration needs to be extra careful and delicate in how it presents itself on minority issues. And if it seems really unfair to them to have to work twice as hard to receive half the credit, I'm sure that gaggle of HBCU presidents may have some insights they'd be willing to share on that.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

If you can figure out a way to confine the water to the piece of property then the EPA should not regulate. But you can't. So regulation is needed.

SnarkShark and cranberry like this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No sense pussyfooting around here. Just go ahead and say it: The EPA should be able to tell anyone anywhere what can and can't be done with or on his or her private property.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

What a loser.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

To the extent that what you do on your private property has potential to fuck up MY private property, yeah, I'm ok with the EPA telling you what you can do on your private property.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The EPA doesn't give a shit (never has and never will) about your private property.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Let's look at the EPA in terms of what it really does. It is a sprawling Frankenstein bureaucracy that has created extremely costly, unnecessary hindrances to operate across a lot of industries. With the expansion of its powers under the last administration, it took a giant mess that was costing us a ton. ... and created even MORE roadblocks across our economy that likely cost us more than $1 trillion (or thousands of dollars per person) during Obama's two terms.

But bring up the EPA, and you get the kneejerk, "stopping people from poisoning the water supply," rationale for it.

I am certain that can be accomplished without a runaway, essentially unaccountable bureaucracy (made up of appointed, politicized -- and therefore corrupt -- tools) that exists to exert more and more power over our lives and does way more harm than that kind of good.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Just go ahead and say it: Even though dirty water collected on your property can still seep into the groundwater and affect others, the EPA should not be able to tell anyone anywhere what can and can't be done with or on his or her private property.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.