1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The libertarian dream defined

[​IMG]

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Local, state and federal government bodies dictate what a person can and cannot do with and on their private property all the time in many, many different ways. Here in my town, the Historic District Commission, a body of nice old people, wields dictatorial power over the district. It can and does mandate what building materials you may use on historic homes, and even what kind of outdoor Christmas decorations can be used.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The problem is the framing of the history of HBCUs, not the future plans.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Forget it Rags ... the EPA's all wonder and light, cleaning our environment with its limitless supply of unicorn farts. When you gonna get with the program?

5. doctorquant

Stipulating that he's actually doing/going to do something ...

The problem is who's doing it, not what's being done or how it's being framed.

6. doctorquant

What color are they?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How so?

Having Scalia's widow is a disgusting choice?

8. doctorquant

The "regulation is needed" crowd's dream girl ...

[​IMG]

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Given that the fucking president of the United States is the self-proclaimed king of eminent domain, I'd say the EPA can and will do whatever the fuck it wants with your private property.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Iron_chet and Big Circus like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Pale as possible New England Yankee.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Come on.

[​IMG]

The city of Durango and La Plata County, Colorado, have declared a state of emergency after a federal cleanup crew accidentally released mine waste into the water.

An estimated 1 million gallons of waste water spilled out of an abandoned mine area in the southern part of the state last week, turning the Animas River orange and prompting the Environmental Protection Agency to tell locals to avoid it.

EPA spill turns Animas River in Colorado a toxic orange - CNN.com

The Environmental Protection Agency said Friday it will not repay claims totaling more than $1.2 billion for economic damages from a mine waste spill the agency accidentally triggered in Colorado, saying the law prohibits it.

The EPA said the claims could be refiled in federal court, or Congress could authorize payments.

But attorneys for the EPA and the Justice Department concluded the EPA is barred from paying the claims because of sovereign immunity, which prohibits most lawsuits against the government.

EPA says it won't repay claims for spill that caused yellow rivers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.