1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as "the common good."

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A has nothing to do with B.

If you want to discuss zoning laws, I am happy to. Regardless of how restrictive I might think any particular local zoning law is or isn't. ... They are LAWS. ... they were passed by local elected bodies.

There isn't a national agency of appointed bureaucrats given arbitrary authority to create zoning rules based on what THEY think is best for the rest of us.

If there was, I'd kind of understand your question.

As I said in my first post, we are a nation of laws (many laws I don't like, for what it is worth, and that I think are at odds with the basic tenets of life, liberty, property).

At least they are laws that were passed by people we actually elected (not appointees given broad authority over our lives), though.

3. The Big Ragu

But there is such a thing as trite message board statements.

Donald Trump has lots of things he wants to do for our common good.

As I keep saying, you reap what you sow.

doctorquant likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

Donald Trump gives not one fuck about our common good.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Having an EPA (which is hardly a novel concept in the Western world) gives us Kim Jong Un. LOL. You're Frank Burns with better stock tips.

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. The Big Ragu

When you can't easily respond to someone's point. ... create an exaggeration of what they said and respond to that instead.

You even threw in an ad hominem put down to further distract from my post.

You win.

7. MisterCreosote

Still standing by your shoplifting comparison, too?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, we know what's worst for our kids, dammit!

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This seems like sarcasm.

SnarkShark and YankeeFan like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The EPA issues and enforces regulations based on laws passed by Congress. I don't see much difference in doing that versus the unelected zoning department bureaucrats at city hall enforcing laws passed by the city board of directors.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If it's a choice between Kim Jong Un and letting Atlas put shit in the water because it makes share prices go up 10 cents before he shrugs, put me down for our fearless statist leader

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

We don't need no pencil neck geek dockter or pansy ass trainer with all their fancy pants book lernin tellin us we can't put our kids back in the game after they get knocked out.

One time when I was in 6th grade I got knocked out five times and my daddy said no 17 year old son of his was gonna sit on the sidelines like a wussy just cuz he got knocked cold a few times. So they put me back in the game and now there ain't nothin wrong with my brayne. Nothin wrong at all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.