1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Am I correct in assuming you're opposed to the EPA telling landowners what they can dump on their land? If I misread your earlier post, I apologize.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Almost took a job at one once

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

By "common good" he means, "what's good for Donald Trump is good for America."

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Calling Donald Trump the logical result of "statism" is like calling a maniac plowing through pedestrians the logical result of cars.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Of course not his widow. Are you deliberately trying to misunderstand what I write?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But...but...choice!

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if that is directed at me, but I am not sure who else it would be directed toward. I didn't say "Donald Trump is the logical result of statism." What I have said is that Donald Trump is a statist, too. His rhetoric differs from the kind of statism that gives us the EPA dictating dos and don'ts, which is why people will twist themselves in a pretzel to make a distinction. But it's the same exact thing. In Trump's world we don't need an EPA, because *HE* is going to regulate everything like a king -- and make the world PHENOMENAL. In fact, I posted exactly that yesterday, before this conversation broke out.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's the logical result of cars, New Orleans and drive-thru daiquiri shops.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Wet Willy's is a life-wrecker.

Ace likes this.
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I worked in an NJ city with a population barely over 50,000, but with, IIRC, six Superfund sites, some of which have been contaminated since the 1920s.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Still waiting @YankeeFan. ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.