1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Cleaning up toxic waste is a job, so maybe it is all just a jobs plan.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not my problem. He should have known the risk of signing me to a policy. They knew the risks. They're In the business of risk assessment.

Ace likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it was a Superfund site, but I've been by the Times Beach ghost town many times.

Liut likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I advocate laws that we broadly agree protect each of our individual rights. Beyond that, c'est la vie. It's how our system of justice works. When you commit a crime against the government, we have a criminal law system in place. And we have a civil law system to regulate disputes between private parties. It covers environmental disputes.

When you create entrenched "agencies" with political appointees being given dictatorial powers, in an effort to preemptively try to manage people's behaviors as some politicized tool sees fit (either because of corruption or because of asinine arbitrariness), you get the government we have ended up with. It is costly, it is inefficient and it creates a tremendous drag on our economy -- we are talking about trillions of dollars of waste.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Remember the coal-mining town in Pennsylvania that's been abandoned after being on fire for more than half a century?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You had posted on the thread again, so that excuse in bold does not hold up. In fact, you had posted multiple times, two of them very long ones, since Justin asked the question and once since he posted a reminder. You also didn't exactly answer his questions. You chose to respond with rhetorical questions of your own.

You make a habit of ducking out of such conversations, but thank you for finally checking back in.

Also, the comparison you make at the end of this post is crap. If Trump can take blame for something without losing his job, can't the same happen to McCarthy?

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The free market at work.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

In YF's defense, that excuse always holds up. It's not as if all of us check this thread every three minutes.

(Although I will for a few minutes now just to see how I can be described a cretin for disagreeing with you.)

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that to claim that President Trump is any less of a statist than past presidents is comical. Given what he has said and done in his short tenure, I think that he wants to increase the power and control of the government. The only difference he and his team seem to be working toward is a change of who wields that power.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

You're the first pro-pollution-because-otherwise-it's-a-drag-on-our-economy person I've ever met.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The government should not be in the business of telling people they can't live in a town that's been swallowed by plumes of toxic smoke.

Ace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.