1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I can pull a few quotes from this thread - FDA to propose new food labels - as evidence, if you like.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I don't disagree.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Cran is skeptical.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The U.S. spends $50 billion a year on the State Department AND in foreign aid. We could cut the whole State Department and he's still short on his military build up if he doesn't want to add to the debt. Plus, that doesn't eliminate our deficit. It just doesn't increase it this year, if he can pull it off. Our debt to GDP ratio is beyond the point of no return. That doesn't cut it even another four years. People are in fantasyland.

Plus, there is the politics behind the fantasy he is pitching. There won't be broad agreement with the legislators who actually have to pass the thing.

Jim Rickards was right on this morning in something he wrote. Nobody is talking about reality. Come March 15, we have another debt ceiling crisis. Maybe they get through it, but there is no way we can kick the can down the road even 3 more times.

Nobody is talking about it. Our debt to GDP ratio is 105 percent. It is unsustainable. And this jackass is fiddling away with rhetoric, and people are in la la land. It's silly.

Obama Has Tied Trump’s Hands - Government Debt Crisis Looms

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

There are better rivers, believe me. I only like guys who go for bigmouths.

dixiehack likes this.
  7. The Big Ragu

Yeah, the thread about FOOD LABELING when you turned into a screeching hyena about "poison in our food!"

The thread is still there. I can't quote the whole thing. But I was more patient then. I posted on point over and over again -- essentially saying that the FDA creating some dumb, "Your label has to say X, Y and Z" arbitrariness, that replaces the old label that they mandated some other nonsense (which was supposed to protect people from doom. ... yet the obesity and diabetes crisis got worse (surprise!), on top of all the costs they ladeled onto our economy by getting into the food labeling business, which was exactly why they were back at it again!)" was dumb and costly.

That led to endless "poison in our food!" posts from you. Because, Sj.com is nothing without strawmen when people can't respond to a point that doesn't fit their cartoon narrative they want to box someone into.

I posted things like this in response to you (as I said, I was more patient then):

But what do I know? You have clearly established that I am "pro poison in our food." Now trail me around and state it as fact!

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Make America Taint Again

9. The Big Ragu

Mission already accomplished.

Ace likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was totally the only one on that thread who took issue with your asininity.

11. The Big Ragu

Poison in our food!

Poison!

doctorquant and YankeeFan like this.
  12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

MOONLIGHT, DAMMIT!!! MOONLIGHT!

poindexter and Ace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.