1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So you are saying it is bullshit rather than ignorance. I can buy that.

She's not stupid. Ignorant regarding many aspects of education? I think so, but not stupid.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This sounds worse than Valentine's Day at Dick Whitman's.

YankeeFan, HC, QYFW and 1 other person like this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'd order a $50 pay-per-view for a Facebook Live of that household on that day.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

After about the third minute of showing this woman looking upwards and crying I actually said out loud, "okay, enough." But none of these blue suit wearing dickslaps wants to look unpatriotic or *gasp* anti-troops, so they keep applauding and even got an old, white guy "yay" about halfway through.

And Trump's comment about "just set a record" did nothing for me either. Set a record for what? Sanctimonious applause during a speech? I'm sure he's pleased.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not like her husband was denied a visa.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Whoopsies!

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Men with criminal records comprise roughly 1/3 of the unemployed.

Black men with a record are three times less likely to be employed. Jeff Sessions is about to unleash a War on Crime (and marijuana). How do you think that's going to work out?

America has locked up so many black people it has warped our sense of reality

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    dixiehack likes this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

"I have no more campaigns to run."

(Applause)

"I know, because I won both of them."

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Fixed that a little further for you.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Trump looked like an adult. What a concept!

Maybe it's just me, but I have a higher bar for my president than just acting like an adult once in a fucking while. And for the fucking talking head media to talk about it like this was some great occasion for Tump, perhaps signalling a new, more presidential Trump -- shit we heard all throughout the campaign -- is horse shit of the highest order.

Fuck Trump.

12. Neutral Corner

I would agree with this, and further add that it is a consequence of the WWII generation dying off. There are damn few in Congress who served in the military and have a clue what it is about. It shows.

I'd go further and say that many of them were children of privilege and avoided the hell out of serving, starting with the President, the draft dodger in chief.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.