1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Boy, based on this, I need to update my resume. (Not that I plan to ever apply for a job again.)

This is the guy that proposed a university hiring freeze until faculties had a similar number of republicans and democrats.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Here's the article that tweet ties to. It is well worth reading.

How Trump Is Beating the Russia Rap

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Other than continuing to dig into the Russian ties, the next big moment will be the budget.

Lots of promises. No details on how they'll be kept. And much of the stuff he promised goes against the Republican Party line.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I want to quit interacting with you. That is for sure.

Stoney, dixiehack, QYFW and 2 others like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A decade in the NSA gives him a bit more gravitas than most experts who have been writing on the intelligence community. Maybe he's full of shit. Maybe not.

But given all the Russian smoke around Trump and his team of advisers, I'd say a Benghazi-like investigation is appropriate - don't you?

6. Neutral Corner

I don't hold a security clearance. Given the leaks regarding such from people who do, as well as the reported withholding of intelligence from the White House to protect it, there is a lot of smoke. Maybe the fire needs to get a detailed investigation.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

She said the other day she loved James Meredith on "Monday Night Football."

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Interesting observation from Deadspin of all places. I can't imagine the ovation for the widow will translate to Trump sending more troops into harm's way though.

"Here are some things Donald Trump is famous for:

1) Noticing which things he does that elicit positive attention and then doing those things over and over and over again.

2) Craving the validation of the press, generally the sort of press a 70-year-old upper class New Yorker pays attention to, especially cable news."

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/you-cretins-are-going-to-get-thousands-of-people-killed-1792862225

9. Inky_Wretch

10. Neutral Corner

It took a week after the Senate Committee warned the White House staff to preserve those documents for the White House Counsel to issue orders to that effect?

11. Inky_Wretch

DeVos had it right!

HanSenSE and amraeder like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Was he taught to burn steaks by a Republican cook or a Democratic cook? Apparently that matters.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.