1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe Rudy Giuliani will be Attorney General after all.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Sad, but really not that odd. I question the news value of this story since neither Hunter or Hallie Biden have done anything to make themselves public figures, in my opinion.

5. SnarkShark

I mean, Sessions committed perjury, no?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes. And treason.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And treason.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If nothing else, his recusal just became required.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ha. Nothing is required. Ryan and McConnell will say it's fine and that will be that.

dixiehack likes this.
  10. SnarkShark

So, who investigates the attorney general?

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Joe hasn't declared himself out in 2020, and is a leading contender in polls.

It was the NY Post's Page Six.

Hunter has angled for a political career. Served in the Department of Commerce. AMTRAK Board. His appointment on the Naval Reseves was supposed to be his final ticket punch until he fucked that up by snorting blow.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

To be slightly more accurate, I'm simply trying to point out, "this is the world from HIS point of view, this is how HE views what America is doing abroad, and this is WHY he feels it is necessary to do what he is doing."

None of that, or very little, is an actual "defense" of his actions. There is all kinds of room to debate. I'm just trying to provide a broader context than the American default template (Putin = Hitler) on which there seems to be NO debate. America seems to have this opinion that, on a scale of 1 (evil) to 10 (angelic), our government is a 9.5 and Putin is a 1.5. I place the numbers closer to 3.5 and 3.0. That's no great credit to Putin --- it's simply pointing out that we can be every bit as horrible (we just spray it with the scent of "doing it for democracy" to hide the stink).

I read that New Yorker article when you posted it a few days ago, and I thank you for sharing it. I found it quite interesting. I'm very familiar with Remnick's work, having recently finished reading his book "Lenin's Tomb: The Last Days of the Soviet Empire."

I guess so. But it seems to make as much sense as the "fix" in the 1972 Olympic basketball final.

"Let's do nothing for 39 minutes and 57 seconds, at which time, if by some miracle the USA isn't winning in a blowout and the game can be decided by one basket, we'll do everything we can to let the USSR score in those final 3 seconds."

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.