1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is going to become a game of verbal semantics. His fellow Senators asked him if he was aware of any communications between the Russians and "anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign." He'll say he wasn't affiliated with the Trump campaign and that he thought the question referred to employees of the campaign, not endorsers or supporters. It'll be misleading and a half-truth, but a half-truth is pretty solid by Trumpists' standards. And he'll skate. The way Republicans always do.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The things that people will do just to disenfranchise blacks.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I doubt Biden runs. Dems need new faces anyway. But if he does, it's not anything HE did.

Who knows? Maybe there's a real relationship there. It's a creepy but minor story.

Especially considering the personal behavior that was overlooked in the last election.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

He was absolutely affiliated with the campaign. He campaigned with Trump.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Sessions thing seems like it's gonna be a big deal. Could be wrong. But if he did indeed lie during his confirmation hearing, it's a very big deal.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It certainly should be. But there are few things so heroic to the GOP as a man who will deny blacks the right to vote.

7. SnarkShark

I think you're right. It's important to note that US intelligence considers this "ambassador" a spy.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If I can make one more point, it's paragraphs like this that drive me nuts from your link:

"Remnick adds that Russia's state-controlled media, which was full of praise for Trump during the campaign, has changed its outlook of late: "We've now had a month of chaos, and they've decided to take much more of a wait-and-see attitude."

Now, there is nothing FACTUALLY wrong there. But the way it is written leaves the impression that ALL media in Russia is state controlled, and that absolutely is not the case. There IS state-controlled media, and there is non-state controlled media, some of it highly critical of Putin. But how many people in America know that? Too few, I'm afraid.

9. SnarkShark

I just saw the clip. Franken didn't even ask Sessions if he personally met with Russian officials, but Sessions divulged, on his own, that he had not personally met with Russian officials. Sessions also met with this ambassador, while the rest of the Armed Services Committee didn't.

Why have two Trump appointees now lied that they did not meet with Russian officals?

Ace likes this.
  10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Dude could have stayed a senator for the rest of his life. But he jumped on the Trump train and now his career is on the brink.

I'd almost feel sorry for the man, if he weren't such an incompetent racist.

Ace and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Because the world wants to hear what Hannity is saying about Rosie O'Donnell:

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'll wager a mochafrappalatte from one of YF's machines that it doesn't turn into a big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.