1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Right. Couple of things need a dose of disclosure.

I stole that line from a Facebook friend, polished it a bit, and threw it up to get a laugh. As long as it was just the post getting likes I was ok with it. This post took it too far and it made me uncomfortable. It really wasn't earned.

Actually, that's true. I'm not working right now, although I'm about to get back at it. I gave it a politician's non-answer denial because it took me aback and made me wonder who the hell this was. I'm over sixty. The clinic I used to work at closed, and I chose not to work for a while. We've got some money from an insurance settlement so I had that luxury. That said, I also spent four days a week caring for my ninety plus year old in-laws for something like fourteen months, as they needed help and hiring someone to sit with them, or later in-home nursing care, would have been stupid expensive. Another family member covered the other three days. They are both gone as of three weeks ago, and I'm looking for work.

No one else's business, I suppose, but since I was doing the one I figured I'd make a clean breast of it. Oh, and screw you Starship, what's it to you anyhow?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Well, the others aren't currently in power. So, no. It's not silly to criticize the person who is currently in power because people who disagree with him conveniently get murdered.

Do you feel the same way about Kim Jong-un murdering dissidents? Nope, we can't blame him, because his father and grandfather did it too.

3. Neutral Corner

What bullshit?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We didn't ignore the ills that happened under Kim Jong-un's dad. We did ignore the ills that happened under Yeltsin.

We are pretending that "something changed" under Putin. It didn't.

We don't care what any leader does as long as we control him. We tend to demonize the leaders we do not control.

5. SnarkShark

I denounce that we weren't quick enough to denounce former Russian leaders. Am I OK now to take issue with Putin killing people who disagree with him?

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

But Jill isn't a Democrat. However, this Georgia state senator is: Georgia State Senator Steen Miles (Democrat - 43)

It's Franken/Steen!

franticscribe likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

That's Fronkensteen.

[​IMG]

I Should Coco, Ace and HC like this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Honerable. Hey, it was new to me!

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Only if you stipulate 1) that there are plenty of critics of Putin in Russia every day who are NOT being killed. And 2) if you acknowledge that there is no actual, you know, hard evidence that Putin is behind any of the killings.

At that point, you can denounce all you want.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Frau Blucher for head of EPA?

HC, franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  11. SnarkShark

Keep fighting the good fight, comrade.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Democrats are trying to attack Trump every day. That's what opposing political parties do. Stipulating that, maybe if you don't like being attacked don't have your administration hand the other side a fresh batch of ammo twice daily?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.