1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefferson Starship

Jefferson Starship New Member

A cat like Neutral only brings copy-and-paste to the table as he tries to criticize politicians and posters. The only play-by-play needed here is Steelers play-by-play.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Couldn't you at least be Jefferson Airplane?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't know that I've criticized any other poster, other than the odd shot at YF once in a while. Everyone takes a shot at YF or Baron once in a while.

The rest of that isn't for me to judge.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You can count on him.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Nothing's gonna stop him now.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And if that fails, blame the crooked media!

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He's just looking for something to love.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

This is not about Trump and only vaguely political but I thought I would share anyway as an interesting financial tidbit.

The Federal employee 401k type plan that allows employees to invest in different government run index funds is called the Thrift Savings Plan.

The rate of return for the G fund (treasury bonds) for the last 12 months ending 2/28/2017 was 1.87%

S fund (small cap stocks) was 32.7%

C fund (common stocks, S&P) 25.01%

So if you were a retired Federal employee with say 250K in the TSP and all your funds were in the G funds, in the last 12 months you would have earned $4,675 in interest.

S fund: $81,750 in a year's interest.

C fund: $62,525 in a year's interest

10. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought about chiming in on this earlier, but I didn't know the background. Starship was way out of line, though he isn't the only one around here who takes that kind of potshot at other posters' real lives and/or careers. To do it behind a less-known handle was particularly gutless.

Neutral, sorry for the loss of your in-laws. I'm sure they appreciated the way you were there for them. That is a hell of an example why people who do what Starship did should kindly STFU. They may think they know what is going on in someone's life, but they don't know all of it.

OscarMadison and jr/shotglass like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.