1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

17098240_1081653771981032_244413365056678883_n.jpg

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

BTW, doesn't matter if you think she's a dog but she knows how to arouse by sitting like that.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Steve Bannon named Al Queda's MVJ. Most Valuable Jihadist IMG_0826.jpg

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Just another troll asshole. And I don't mean Neutral. Anyone else you want to try and out before you get busted down to your original handle?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Every time I wake up and check on this thread I'm reminded it's not over til it's over.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thanks. My wife and I will hit our 36th anniversary this year. All the mother-in-law jokes aside, they were both always good to me. Sure enough depression kids. I've seen my MIL just crowing because she caught canned beans on sale for 36 cents a can. There was nothing saintly about it, they had a bit of money put back but we didn't know what was coming and we didn't want to burn through it on sitters, so my SIL and I handled it. They lived their normal life at home until the end. Fairly standard end of life stuff if you are lucky enough to be part of a large extended family.

I guess my posting a zillion times a day was the clue. I'm an online omnivore, and I was trapped with a TV set to the Hallmark Channel at deaf old lady volume level.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I just assumed you fix coffee machines too.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Neutral, kudos to you for stepping in to care for them. I saw my grandmother do it for my great-grandmother and my mom do it for three of my grandparents. It's one heck of an emotional strain.

9. Neutral Corner

Mostly it wasn't that bad, and besides, it's what families do. I saw my mom do it for my father's mother. They were good people, and I could read or watch TV, although their cable seemed to be about 1/3 various infomercials. It's funny... what bothered me most after a while was that my MIL had bad short term memory loss, and she'd get a bee in her bonnet about something and keep coming back to it. Stuff like offering me a honey bun (she loved them), me saying "no thanks", then her offering it again ten minutes later. ten or twelve times a day. It sounds petty, but after a while it gets really old.

The five weeks of hospice was a strain on us all.

10. Neutral Corner

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

McCarthy and Chaffetz. Interesting (especially Chaffetz), but it's pregame until McConnell and Ryan weigh in.

12. Neutral Corner

I'm betting they'll angle for a Sessions recusal instead of a special prosecutor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.