1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

LOL.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yep. Just like DNI James Clapper was forced to resign, was prosecuted and sent to jail after he lied to the Senate.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Carson has been confirmed at HUD.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Mickey can bang out Journey songs:

6. YankeeFan

Of all the nothing burgers, this is the nothingest nothing burger.

The July "meeting" was at a public event -- an event 50 ambassadors attended. It was small talk, in front of others, in public.

Two months before the September meeting, Sessions attended a Heritage Foundation event in July on the sidelines of the Republican National Convention that was attended by about 50 ambassadors. When the event was over, a small group of ambassadors approached Sessions as he was leaving the podium, and Kislyak was among them, the Justice Department official said.

Sessions then spoke individually to some of the ambassadors, including Kislyak, the official said. In the informal exchanges, the ambassadors expressed appreciation for his remarks and some of them invited him to events they were sponsoring, said the official, citing a former Sessions staffer who was at the event.

The September meeting was held in his Senate office. It was one of 25 such meetings he held with foreign ambassadors as a part of his day job. This wasn't some clandestine meeting, and it had nothing to do with the campaign.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Well, that explains why he'd lie about it ...

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Looks like somebody paid extra-close attention to Fox & Friends this morning.

9. YankeeFan

His meeting was in his role as a Senator, not a campaign advisor. He didn't lie.

10. YankeeFan

Nah, I'm a Morning Joe via SiriusXM Radio on my iPad guy.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hell, you can't always tell by how much someone posts. I post a lot whether I'm working or not. YF apparently runs his own business and has newborn baby. The attacks on people's lives are way out of line, and Starship should be embarrassed by his comment now that we see why you haven't been working.

My father in law died 12 years ago this past Saturday. If it was anything like my experience, you have your own sense of loss and then you have the pain of your wife suffering. I can't even imagine how my wife would have been if she'd lost both parents in such a short period of time. Your wife was lucky to have you there for her and her parents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.