1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The attempt to demonize all illegal immigrants.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What did he say?

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Simply being here unlawfully is not a criminal offense, no matter how they crossed the border.

4. outofplace

Scroll up and read.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So the other 92%?

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I have no idea what post you're talking about or how far back it is. Can you enlighten me?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

His previous fabrications worked so well, I'm shocked he didn't pull this off.

The FBI arrested a suspect — Juan Thompson, 31 — on Friday morning in St. Louis, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York.

Thompson is a journalist who was fired from the Intercept for fabricating quotes and misled colleagues in order to cover his tracks. In an editor’s note last year, the publication said Thompson had engaged in “a pattern of deception” and wrote that he created fake email accounts to impersonate people.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Of course I didn't -- and never would -- do that.

That would be as dumb as pretending no "Dreamer" is a gang member, or a rapist or a murderer.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

So being here after having crossed the border illegally (or with an expired visa) is not against the law?

10. outofplace

Play dumb on somebody else's time or go back and read the thread. Thank you.

11. outofplace

YF is going right to flat-out lying today.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

YF, remember the discussion about Tillerson not being able to hire Elliot Richardson? I came upon something interesting that might have been in play there, in a pretty good article on Politico about the Washington Insider Elite blob, both D and R, and their anxiety over Trump.

"But now Trump and Co. were not just furious, but determined to root them out—reviewing White House staffers’ emails in search of the leaks, freezing out professional staffers from some NSC meetings, pushing out more State Department lifers. And that department seemed ever more marginalized. New Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was even rebuffed in picking his own deputy. He wanted Elliott Abrams, often criticized by parts of The Blob as a neocon who strongly backed the Iraq War, but Trump refused, in an embarrassing public rebuke. In private, Abrams told others he was sure some Trump advisers had confused him with Eliot Cohen, a leading conservative anti-Trumper who had issued a stirring public denunciation of the administration."

Another good line was something to the effect of "If he gets rid of all the foreign policy experts, by definition all he has left are foreign policy amateurs".

Trump Takes on The Blob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.