1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Methinks he doth protest too much.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The "innocent" explanation is that Dumpf is an utterly amoral self-obsessed pig, with no concern whatsoever over anything that does not benefit him personally.

He may do things that are dangerous or damaging to people, institutions or even the nation, but not out of malice, but indifference. It's not that he wants to screw people, he just doesn't care if he does or not as long as HE benefits.

What a wonderful person to elect as president.

The other "non-innocent" explanations are much worse, and dramatically more credible.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I thought Flint was the fault of the Republican governor.

Are you telling me Obama's federal government could have prevented it and didn't?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once again, I denounce Starman. My mistake. I usually just scroll right past his posts.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There is plenty of blame to go around. Lots of Rs, Ds and probably even some Is dropped the ball on Flint. You know that.

But, hey, if you like risking it with untested tap water go right ahead. Me and the cronies in Big Water will drinking nothing but Evian if this budget cut happens.

(Edit: On the other hand, maybe tainted water will drive coffee sales - provided you install heavy-duty filters. No wonder you're in favor of this!!!)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Another vote for "political correctness" to protect the dear delicate Trumpflakes. I thought we didn't have time for that anymore.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is a hell of a lot of room between political correctness and the disgusting bile you spew all over this thread. Every once in a while, I like to remind YF, QYFOS and others on that side of the aisle that you do not represent anybody here but yourself.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

If you want to align yourself with a racist who likes to throw around the word "retard," be my guest. It won't hurt your board cred that much.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Our president is a goddamn living, breathing Drudge siren.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The EPA, created by that known tree-hugging liberal activist Richard M. Nixon, would essentially be gutted. All those unsavory illegal immigrants from Mexico might go back because the water's safer there. I guess that $54 billion so we can outspend other countries 30-1 on defense has to come from someplace. We had to poison the country to save it.

Here are 42 of President Donald Trump's planned EPA budget cuts

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If every proposed Trump cut was enacted, how would the agency compare, in size and scope, to the one created by Nixon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.