1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If Kushner, Flynn et al met with Russian envoys to influence the election, then Kushner and Flynn discussed this with Trump, would they be exempt from prosecution because they had met the requirements of 18 U.S. Code ยง 2382 - Misprision of treason?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Actually, probably not. But there's legal and then there's political legitimacy. An administration shown to have collaborated with a foreign power (not necessarily hostile) would be in perpetual crisis mode, and God forbid Russia ever does something calling for some kind of US response, even the most mild diplomatic response. At this point, I have to believe Putin is thinking, "I may have made a bad bet here."

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Or simply a bad move. I'm not sure he was actually trying to back Trump so much as to give Hillary trouble.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"The time for trivial fights is behind us."

SnarkShark, HanSenSE, Webster and 4 others like this.
  6. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The battle for the soul of Celebrity Apprentice is far from trivial.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is a phone tapp worse than a phone tap?

8. Neutral Corner

I agree that it is a good idea, because without it we'll never know what is hidden in there. Trump will push as far as he is allowed to go. He'll refuse to release his taxes as long as he can get away with it, and then spin it in the best way he can come up with.

Regarding potentially embarrassing information, though, I think this is naive. It would not be public for as long as it took to get from the hearing room to somewhere secure enough to leak it. I don't really have a problem with that. It should have been public to start with. Trump should have been forced to live up to the standard in the first place. He knew when he decided to campaign that this was a part of it and decided to try to beat it because the rules don't apply to rich, powerful guys like him. He needs to be disabused of that notion.

9. Neutral Corner

Is it too much to ask that the President be able to spell three letter words correctly?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I hear by say phone tapps are bad (or sick) and Arnold sucks!

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Obama planted the extra "p."

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Talk to me about American exceptionalism again.

FileNotFound and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.