1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nah. Because Hillary Clinton is not president.

On a scale of 1 to 10, Hillary is 1.0 in Putin's eyes. Trump likely will disappoint, but even if he dips to a 1.1, that's better than 1.0.

And right now America is crying about its democracy under attack and flawed elections and illegitimate presidents and former presidents sabotaging current presidents . . . which was Putin's gambit all along: "You're lecturing the rest of the world on this shit?" he says, rolling his eyes. The Hillary loss was just super sweet icing on the cake.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Worth noting these tweets came on Saturday morning, when Jared and Ivanka are observing Shabbat and no one is watching Trump's phone.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You could be right, but I disagree. If this continues to blow up at its current pace, a majority of Americans will be convinced Russia is a hostile power and will react accordingly. Better off with the Obama-era status quo, where Putin could gradually control all the former Soviet states except the Baltic ones because in the final analysis, Americans didn't give a shit about what happens in those places.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

You're half correct.

We don't give a shit about the damage we cause in those places (see Ukraine). Or what the residents of those places actually want (see Crimea).

We do care that we can attempt to use those places to poke the bear with NATO expansion.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You are differentiating between the American government, which does care, and the people, who couldn't find Crimea on a map and in all honesty, have no reason why they should.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If I were Kislyak, I'd be getting nervous. If I were an ambitious CIA officer with a low profile, I'd mention it to him and see if he might consider turning.

8. BTExpress

Point taken.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "Don't bring me into this, man."

UPChip and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

"Greasy hobo taint" is inspired.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The news this morning made me crave tapas, but you just killed that.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

except Obama, who put a tapp on it.

Steak Snabler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.