1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

So you have no answer as to why you described a list of publicly known Muslims on Wikipedia is "purposely hateful and incendiary"?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's just staggering what our current president has accused our former President of doing, without any proof to the American people. It is so damaging to the legitimacy of our government.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

BTE?

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I don't work usually backwards on conversations. In other words, don't call my statement one of the stupidest things you've ever read without any supporting response and then expect me to explain what's obvious. That said: Lists bad, bro. They separate us. We need to come together. You and your PC police should know that shit. Doesn't matter who started the list. It's all about setting someone apart. On one side it could be Muslim pride, the other Muslim hate. Both are incendiary ends. Cant believe bleacher report hasn't run a slideshow on 20 best Muslim athletes

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. He weighs 200 more pounds than me.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The people on that list aren't hiding that they are Muslims. They are public figures who acknowledge they are Muslims. Saying Wikipedia publishing a list of those people is "purposely hateful and incendiary" is idiotic. There are all kinds of lists grouping together people culturally.

I mean, just look at how hateful this is.

These celebrities are devoutly Christian — and you probably didn't realize it - Photos - Washington Times

Stoney likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Once again Obama's gestures of goodwill and cooperation produce spectacular results.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Elections in Wyoming and Georgia to replace those picked for cabinet posts. If both of those go blue, the panic will begin.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What is the purpose of such lists? Either group pride or group hate. Or ya think they're out there for just trivia purposes?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tomorrow the travel ban. Back to court they will go. If Trump is defeated again (have no idea if that will happen or not) I believe he might just lose it for keeps.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Haven't done any homework on this. An uphill battle for sure, but the Dems have got to run good candidates and fucking GOTV. Or none of this bluster will make a lick of difference.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

True. The Ga. district is monied and educated, an Atlanta area district. I think that one has a good chance of going to the Dems. Wyoming is very much a Trump leaning sorta place. If the Republicans run into trouble there it bodes ill for them.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.