1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did you mean to say Wikipedia is most often a starting point?

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You said a list of public figures who are Muslim was "purposefully hateful and incendiary."

What is nuanced about that? Buck up, snowflake.

3. SnarkShark

Yes. My bad. It's early.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Good one. Really hits where it hurts. EDIT: Ya know what, I will spell it out, bc you're a bit slow and can't read between the lines. Answer me this: who created the list of Muslims? and to what end? I already said the ends are either for pride in muslims or to set them apart as "other." what part of that don't you follow? Being against overt pride in one's sect is not being politically correct. it's knowing history and what harm comes from starkly delineating differences. white pride, black pride, irish pride, american pride. whatever. to any extreme it just creates hate toward the people who aren't you.

But if you think the listing of muslims is just a handy reference for slackass journalists...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I figured, Shark. Easy enough error to make.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

Media: Freak out!

Nick Kristof: If you work for the IRS, please send me Trump's tax return.

It's a little early to judge the media reaction to this plea, but I doubt he's going to receive much criticism for it.

8. SnarkShark

I don't know who made the list, but probably a number of people contributed, maybe even hundreds, considering it is Wikipedia.

To what end? Information. Knowing more about people isn't bad. These aren't secret Muslims. Nobody is outing them.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

YF, at this point everyone except the core Trumpistas want to know what Trump is so determined to hide.

10. YankeeFan

There were about three people on that list you might be surprised to learn were Muslim.

If your name is Muhammad, I'm going to guess you're probably Muslim.

11. YankeeFan

And, so a reporter should encourage felonious behavior by IRS employees?

12. SnarkShark

Racist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.