1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Unlike any other country I know, Israel prosecutes and convicts its corrupt and criminal leaders. A former PM, President and chief Rabbi are all in jail. If he did anything wrong, he'll sit for it. OTOH, partisan charges of corruption are commonplace. We'll see.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Strike that. He didn't know he would run for president.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Ah, but that makes the generous assumption that they can "afford" it now. A mortgage payment for some shit bronze plan with a $4,000 deductible is not affordable, nor is it insurance by a reasonable definition. I have looked at what I'm facing when I retire and have to buy private insurance for my wife for a decade. It's unacceptable.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you are known to strictly enforce speeding in your town, isn't the expectation that drivers will all slow down because they're afraid they'll get caught? That's how it works, right?

This is a win for you, YF. Muslims and other undesirables are afraid to travel whether they are actually on Trump's list or not.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Delta's ready when you are

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are you talking about Trump's "OBAMA PUT A TAPP ON MY PHONE!" tweet?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And when the warheads start going off.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's nice that Trump is taking us back to the days when no one was happy with their health insurance.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Eventually (actually pretty soon) the Randian plan is the hospitals will be allowed (at first, then ordered) to slam the door on those people.

Who will then die in the gutter.

Who will decide who gets to die in the gutter?

I dunno. Some kind of "panel?"

But at least it won't be a mooslim neegro. It'll be some panel run by a kind and benevolent insurance corporation.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Ace likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Actually, France does too, as Sarkozy and now Fillon are finding out. Which is odd, because even the biggest French pols seem guilty of the routine petty corruption we would associate with dimmer state legislators over here.

12. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

As a Clinton supporter beyond the lesser of two evils argument, I disagree. I respect conservatives who make no bones about their partisanship. I disagree, but you're upfront about what you care about and how it influenced your vote. By and large, most Sanders supporters I encountered online or in real-life (still anecdotal, I'm aware) were basically far-right stereotypes of liberals come to life. Most of the Facebook friends I argued with during the campaign for my support of "$hillary" are once more totally indifferent to the political process. Their engagement begins and ends with bitching about Trump, but even that has waned not even two months out from his inauguration. Essentially, I think it's more insulting to criticize an engaged, knowledgeable conservative for holding his/her nose for Trump than it is to mock an impressionable, doofus liberal for stubbornly refusing Clinton. We're pretty smug about people who vote against their best interests, but, regardless of whether that's true, those people are getting involved. Protesting a candidate in line with your beliefs because you've superficially adopted more extreme versions of largely the same principles is way worse in my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.