1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You'll forgive me for pointing out that this is not evidence.

This is his word. I don't see it confirmed by a single reporter.

Khan doesn't even tell us who "notified" him that his travel privileges were being reviewed.

Now, if you want to tell me that the President should be held to a higher standard, that's fine, but it's insane that the same media that freaked out when the President made an unsubstantiated claim is also freaking out about Mr. Kahn's travel privileges, while ignoring the lack of evidence for the claim.

[​IMG]

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

I'm sorry that the Khan's lost their son. It's absolutely terrible.

But, the guy has been infantilized by the media.

While Trump certainly should have spoken differently about the Khans, there's no reason to turn Khazir into someone who cannot now be criticized for anything.

Take a look at the fellow speakers whom he appeared with at this event, and at who introduced him:

Khans thank Islamic convention attendees, warn 'assault' on community will outlast election

He associates with people who are associated wit and funded by the Muslim Brotherhood.

And, the same folks who decried Trump for "using" the widow of the US Seal killed in the Yemen raid have turned this guy, who's introduction to the world was in a purely political context, into an untouchable, who we have to believe, no matter how wild the claim.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I swear every time I see Trump on camera he's gained another five pounds. He's going to be pushing three bills by the time 2020 rolls around. And 73. His handlers are gonna have to roll him up onto the debate stage blueberry-Veruca Salt fashion.

Edit:I've mixed up my Wonkettes. Violet Beauregard was the bluberry gal, wasn't she?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We get it YF. Muslims scare you.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

A. Google Linda Sarsour, who was also a leader of the Women's March.

B. The Islamic Society of North America is a Muslim Brotherhood front organization, that was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation terror financing case.

C. I'm not going to fawn over a guy who associates with such people. It's crazy that he's still portrayed as a noble guy, only concerned with protecting Muslim-Americans, and others, civil liberties. He's associated himself with people who have no respect for civil liberties, and this should be mentioned in stories about him.

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

At first glance I thought this was about Trump's claim that Obama is tapping his phones, then I realized who was posting.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And then they used their power of school choice to start their own colleges rather than be subjected to liberal indoctrination. Damn it was good to be a black person in early America!

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Well, someone will either confirm it, or we'll find out it's not true.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The claim isn't that wild at all. It could turn out to be bullshit, but it's not like there is some long history of him lying, say the way there is with President Trump.

Yet you take Trump's word on anything and everything despite the many time she has been caught lying.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.