1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Apparently, it was in response to a FOIA request. So they didn't have a choice.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but I don't think that's the reason they're building new refineries in Texas and Louisiana, instead of West Palm Beach.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Max Garcia

Max Garcia Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Why would such a statement bother an avowed centrist?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Do you think that Trump is going to think or ask about that when he sees that those pictures?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I work with a Trump supporter, though to his credit, at least he isn't ridiculous enough to defend Betsy DeVos or lump all liberals together the way QYFOS keeps doing. When we had the inauguration on television at work on Jan. 20, I asked him when they were going to play the Russian national anthem. I got a little political ranting for my trouble, but no physical threats.

End of the day, I heard the Trump supporter arguing with his political opposite, a Bernie fan who insists he is leaving the country to escape Trump's presidency. I looked up the Russian national anthem on YouTube and played it as loudly as possible. Trump fan didn't recognize it, but Bernie Bro did and started laughing. At that point, Trump fan figured it out and started laughing as well.

I'm not sure if that answers your question or not, but I don't much care.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never said I was perfectly in the middle. The centrist stuff is just more of your bullshit.

That said, just because I said a statement of yours is bullshit does not mean it bothers me. It just means it is bullshit.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, OK. It must play better live.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

OK, glad we can agree you're not bothered by any of my posts.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Quick look at the GOP's plan to replace the ACA: They're going to have a hard time selling this turd.

Basically, they're trying to keep all the stuff people like without paying for it. How fiscally responsible!

Hopefully the Dems can drag out this fight into the 2018 midterms. If older people are against repeal and replace, coupled with the fact millions will lose health care and it could impact employer-based health care, that could be total disaster for the Republicans.

Easy to paint that picture. "The Republican Party: We don't care if you die."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.