1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

McConnell says that as soon as House passes bill, he's bringing it to the floor of the Senate. No hearings, no CBO score. It's not just Trump. Whole party has contempt for constitutional democracy. Profoundly anti-American.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

#DishonestCoward#QYFOS

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

At least Starman's shtick is humorous on occasion.

JC, Ace, QYFW and 2 others like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I pay $145.98 per month on my employer's plan. My wife pays $220-ish per month to cover herself and our kid on her company's plan. Our unlimited data plan for two cell phones doesn't come close to $365 per month.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

There's a lot of idiots, then. Including me.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I pay $360/month for health insurance for four people.

I pay $184/month for cell phone and data service for three people.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The main negative impacts of the Ryan bill will fall on older, rural white people -- Trump voters. And they'll blame it on how black and brown people are still getting rich off welfare. Lyndon Johnson said it 60 years ago. "If you can convince the lowest white man he's higher than the best colored man, he'll let you pick his pockets. Hell, he'll turn them out for you."

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wait. You have to segregate out those paying $178/month (through I am sure an employer) and those on their own, without having an employer to supplement.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We have people here who take veiled personal attacks and border on outing people and the discussion is about fuckin' Starman.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, absolutely. But pointing out employer-supplemented insurance is more expensive than phones and data is also beneficial.

One analysis of the Republican healthcare bill said a 60-year-old making $20k per year would get $4,000 to offset the cost of a $10k per year plan. Chaffetz is telling that person not to spend money on a phone won't make up for the $6,000 per year cost of insurance.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So it turns out the GOP objection to Obamacare wasn't so much the basic idea, just that it didn't turn the screws on poor people hard enough or throw in enough tax breaks for the wealthy

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.