1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you say so. I've long since stopped reading most of it and usually regret when I do read one.

That he happens to post something similar, but not exactly the same as my point is serving no purpose but to give QYFOS cover for his dishonesty and cowardice.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sixty pages, and six are about how to keep lottery winners from gaming Trumpcare.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Does Chaffetz also know that a mobile phone nowadays is THE phone? It isn't an auxiliary to the landline.

He really wants people not to have a way to communicate with the outside world. Nice.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The part of the bill that's most interesting is that it's allegedly paid for by cuts to Medicaid. But none of the cuts go into effect until 2020 -- an election year.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Smart phones lead to things like constituents being able to look up your direct phone line and find out when and where you will be showing up back in the district so they can interrupt you while trying to give blow jobs to extraction industry executives. The GOP no more wants true information disseminated to common folks than the Chinese Central Committee.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chaffetz now: "Maybe I didn't phrase that as smoothly as I could."

9. Inky_Wretch

What's the P.J. O'Rourke line about Republicans saying government doesn't work, getting to D.C. and proving it?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My real problem with starman is he provides cover for YF and QY, as he used to do for old_tony. They use his ridiculous rants as distractions from legitimate discussion of the issues.

Starman is a topic now because QY is hiding behind him to avoid answering my question regarding abortion. He knows the answer will make him look bad, so is taking any cover he can find.

But you are right. There are worse things posters do here. Those personal attacks, veiled and otherwise, are at the top of the list.

11. Neutral Corner

I've loved P.J. since he was with the National Lampoon. Our politics don't really mesh, but he's not shy about skewering someone (of either party) who deserves it, and he's one helluva wordsmith.

My favorite P.J. line goes back to when he was writing for Car and Driver (yes, really) back in the late Seventies. He did a feature where he drove a convertible Ferrari from Atlanta to Tuscaloosa for the UGA-'Bama game on a glorious October Saturday, and the line was "I couldn't have been happier if I'd had a sackful of Iranian radicals to drag behind the car".

It's funny what sticks with you...

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.