1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Silly Democrats holding President Trump accountable for his campaign promises.

Yes, it should be done right rather than fast. It was Republicans, Trump in particular, who promised fast. There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that the promise was stupid.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Can somebody explain to me what the Freedom Caucus dislikes about the main GOP healthcare plan? Does the Ryan-Trump plan not kill enough people for them?
    What are the main differences between the two?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A lesson that suggests it might be college-level journalism is a bit optimistic where YF is concerned, but your point is very well put.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well said. The Republicans weren't necessarily wrong to fight it, but at some point they should have also realized -- just the Dems should right now -- that it was likely to be a losing fight, and to salvage what they can. Instead we got a fight to the death attitude from them, and a "pass it and we'll sort the rest out later" attitude from the Democrats.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't either, and that's the problem. Too many of them are in a change to repeal it or make changes for the sake of doing so, without seriously considering what comes next.
    To his credit, I think Paul Ryan is actually doing the best he can to at least pump the brakes. He seems to grasp that you need something to replace the ACA and that it might take months to do it right, but he's under a lot of pressure from a lot of fronts to just do it now. As I said, the real issue is that this has been the law of the land for several years now and there's no cohesive plan for how to fix it. If it's that bad, if it's that much of an issue, why are they seemingly coming up with stuff on the fly instead of having a plan ready to go?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, they don't want either subsidies (ACA) or tax credits (GOP plan) to help buy insurance. They want people to be on their own in buying it, with no involvement from the government.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

How does Canada do this?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mooslim Neegro

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Politics is a monkey see, monkey do business, just like pro football. Dems saw how Republicans benefited from total non-cooperation, so of course they're doing the same.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Single payer for all basic health care. Insurance companies are involved with extended health care benefits (drugs, physio, chiro, etc). Most employers offer extended health care plans as part of their compensation packages.

There is no monthly charge for health care except in British Columbia which charges a monthly premium of up to $150/family based on income rather than include it in taxes, as I understand it.

Another Canuckistani can correct me on this is I'm wrong.

Vombatus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.