1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump has mercilessly attacked CNN as fake news, and the White House refuses to book guests on CNN shows.

So, how does CNN respond:

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If there were any wiretaps, Russia was the reason.

I have no doubt the NSA intercepted incoming calls to Trump Tower from Russians who were previously under watch. But it wasn't politically motivated.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What is this, Obama's 18th Watergate or 19th?

When he gets to 20, that'll be the final straw. I won't vote for him after that.

dixiehack likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

The president is a pimp. Or wants to be one.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No. No. Of course not.

Just like it won't be political if the current administration goes to the FISA Court in 2020 seeking to surveil the Democratic nominee for president.

QYFW likes this.
  6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

You understand, right, that the President - at this very moment - could declassify the FISA warrants authorizing wiretaps against his campaign and prove himself correct. .... right?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

YF's sliding scale of evidence on display once again, folks.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I've been pretty liberal with the ignores lately, but I can't even imagine the depths to which he has undoubtedly sunk in all this

9. Inky_Wretch

If the court decides a warrant is needed based on the evidence presented, then I'd have no problem with it.

And, again, we don't know that the phones at Trump Tower were tapped. If a person under investigation calls your phone and the authorities hear it, that doesn't mean YF's phone was tapped. You just received a call on a tapped line - which could be the situation with Trump and/or his associates.

As Justin said, Trump could unseal the warrants. (He could also order the IRS to stop his audit and release his tax returns.) But he won't. Trump has all the resources available to get info from the best intelligence agencies and databases on the planet. But, instead, he gets it from whackadoo websites like a cranky senior citizen on Facebook who thinks the UN is preparing to invade the USA.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, internment will not occur.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

LOL

12. Inky_Wretch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.