1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I realize you're in full-on defensive mode, firing away at every criticism of Trump, but lighten up. I thought it was a funny story.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Hey, at least that Confederate flag was linked.

I've worked with reporters at newspapers who can fuck up a page worse than that with the newest version of InDesign. Never underestimate how terrible a page a person with no sense of design can create, even with every technological advantage.

3. Inky_Wretch

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's like it was translated from Chinese Russian or something.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's funny.

Clapper's Meet the Press interview made news because he confirmed that Trump wasn't wiretapped by Obama.

What didn't make news was that he also confirmed that there was no evidence of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians.

CHUCK TODD:

Let me ask you this. Does intelligence exist that can definitively answer the following question, whether there were improper contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials?

JAMES CLAPPER:

We did not include any evidence in our report, and I say, "our," that's N.S.A., F.B.I. and C.I.A., with my office, the Director of National Intelligence, that had anything, that had any reflection of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report.

CHUCK TODD:

I understand that. But does it exist?

JAMES CLAPPER:

Not to my knowledge.

CHUCK TODD:

If it existed, it would have been in this report?

JAMES CLAPPER:

This could have unfolded or become available in the time since I left the government.

CHUCK TODD:

At some--

JAMES CLAPPER:

But at the time, we had no evidence of such collusion.

6. YankeeFan

This is silly too.

The point is that health care, not health insurance is the goal.

Many people have health insurance, but because of costly deductibles, still can't afford health care.

Paying for health insurance you can't afford to use is a real fuck job that needs to be fixed.

7. YankeeFan

LOL.

Yeah, Trump's wife is a hooker, and he's a pimp! So funny right?

Somehow it wouldn't have been a "funny story" if Obama had been accused of being a pimp or Michelle was accused of being a prostitute.

8. Inky_Wretch

LOL.

If this was making Obama look bad, you'd bold the first part of the sentence.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Moochelle and Her Thighness agree.

10. YankeeFan

They were listing in to the Russians in real time, and producing transcripts that were provided to folks like Clapper.

If their was collusion, it happened before January, and evidence of it would have been produced by the inauguration.

11. YankeeFan

Oh. And, this was funny, was it?

I don't recall you or Inky posting jokes like this.

12. Inky_Wretch

I'm sorry I triggered you and will endeavor to make this a safe space in the future. Please don't melt snowflake.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.