1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

That is correct, now if we could all admit it while we are going down it.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Pop them in the toaster.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My first objection to those would not be that they've been in the fridge overnight.

Inky_Wretch, Hermes and QYFW like this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Good news: Congress is still a joke.

Bad news: the economy could float him for a long time.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, I bet he can fritter away Obama's progress there too. It will just take longer than his Executive Orders to reverse.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. It is simply ridiculous to give Trump's policies any credit for the economy of today except for the run up in bank stocks due to investors' belief they'll be allowed to run riot as they were prior to the financial crisis. Otherwise, none of it has been enacted or even formally proposed. The economy has a good amount of momentum now, and that should continue well into the fall of the year. THAT's when Trump's policies or lack of same will take hold to whatever effect they may have.
    Hermes, I don't think efficient is the adjective anyone would use at this point to describe the Trump administration. That could change, sure, but so far, he's had a knack for making things hard on himself.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Judging by the amount of people who have been screeching, "Give Trump a chance!", the answer is yes.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh, I was just trying to see what my predictions from December look like now in light of the latest joyous economic news bequeathed to us by our Most Enlightened Leader, economic indicators which have suddenly — going on two months now — become quite reliable and indicative of a muscular, decisive executive branch putting its imprint on the entire economy with its wondrous mix of CONFIDENCE and PROMISES OF TEARING DOWN THE SOCIAL STRUCTURE.

9. Baron Scicluna

Wow. He threw a strike to the first batter he faced when he came in with the eight-run lead that Obama left him. Put him in the Hall of Fame.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, he should get full credit for those numbers absolutely.

DO. NOT. LOOK. AT. TRENDLINE!

service_gamer likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

dixiehack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.