1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Maybe if corporate profits were at a record levels, they'd raise salaries for their employees too.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Needed by whom?

If I happen to have a bunch of kids and contribute 40 percent to my 401(k) instead of my current 17 percent, my federal income tax would be cut to zero.

Would that cut be "needed"? Would I be a selfish bastard for not paying any income tax?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  4. BTExpress

Except that in this case, many of the "poor" are working for these companies.

Taxing them more doesn't put the money in the bank accounts of the poor. In fact, it may result in the poor getting laid off.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

GOP war on women continues in Texas:

And in DC:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  6. Inky_Wretch

Yes, you would. And I'm a selfish bastard for taking deductions too. But I still paid in. (I like to imagine it all went to the upkeep of my favorite National Park.)

How much should corporations be paying in tax? And if we cut corporate taxes, can we eliminate deductions and other incentives to keep them from paying nothing?

7. BTExpress

I have no idea. But the best thing they do for the nation --- not just the economy --- is to employ people. Because then those people will pay taxes, too, instead of taking unemployment and/or food stamps from the government. Anything that makes it easier for companies to employ as many people as possible I'm probably on board with.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How could any doctor responsibly practice medicine in Texas if this is passed and if he or she is enough of a self centered jerk to withhold information from patients?

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I will innocently point out that the only time you can write that is in a tongue-in-cheek fashion.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A good look at "moderate" Islam:

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Love the last line on where the dumbass voted against a bill to prohibit texting while driving.

He's probably the type of shithead that does that very thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.