1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How could anyone kill babies for a living?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Someone who values the life of a separate, unattached woman over a fetus who is inside and attached to that woman.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's not killing babies you fool. It's giving patients information they need to know. For all you know, the patient would decide to have the baby anyway. But if the patient didn't, and you're not willing to have society pay 100 percent of the added costs of a developmentally disabled child, then fuck you.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The Texas bill is stupid, but killing a child is reprehensible. I'm fine with helping to pay for the needs of disabled children, including my own. So you can shut the fuck up, you hypocritical, hate-filled old man. Go shake your fist at a cloud.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I admit I'm old.

6. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I have a relative who has cerebral palsy. From what I understand, he should have been born physically normal, but had a lack of oxygen when he was being born, which caused the CP. His parents, on his behalf, sued the doctor for fucking up the birth, and my relative ended up getting a six-figure amount at the trial 30-some years ago, which has helped him live a more normal life.

If this proposed law was in his state, his parents wouldn't have been able to be told by the doctor that he was normal in the womb, the doctor could have claimed that he already was developing the CP before he was born, that he was under no obligation to tell the parents anything, and the law may have prohibited them from suing anyways.

This is what the anti-abortion movement has been reduced to. Trying to force for doctors to withhold important information from their patients, on the chance the woman might choose to abort.

This is from the same party that, with a straight face, insisted that women must have unnecessary vaginal ultrasounds, be forced to look at the screens, be told a whole bunch of bullshit information about cancer risks, have waiting periods, and a variety of other things in order for them to "make an informed decision."

But hey, hypocrisy is supposed to be a two-way street, right?

dixiehack likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I agree. But given automation and outsourcing overseas, I'm not sure there's a magic tax number to be found. Above zero and less than 30?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The University of Missouri melted down over a redneck in a pickup truck, off campus, who might or might not have existed.
    Everybody fluffs.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

She must've asked for "the Lena Dunham."

[​IMG]

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If that is true, the party you support is not so generous.

And please, stop with the baby killing rhetoric already. You've proven that you refuse to truly own it, so just stop.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Anti abortion people are just interested in controlling women and pushing their immorality on others. They don't care about children. Fuck them and their anti- Christ agenda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.