1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's fucking hilarious. I sat at my 'puter cackling. Thanks, I needed a morning laugh.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The investigation is proceeding. Fine. I will remind you that false testimony to Congress is by the US Code itself wrongdoing, felony wrongdoing.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

National Security Advisers always lie and resign three weeks into administrations. Attorneys General always lie during their confirmation hearings, too. Campaign managers always resign the same day multi-million-dollar, off-the-books foreign payoffs are reported.

This is a giant nothingburger.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course, because anything and everything bad that happens, they'll blame on the mooslim neegro. That's going to be their standard tactic for the next 20 years.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Wonder where they might have learned such a thing?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucko learned from his KKK daddy, it's pretty safe to guess.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Great. Investigate both, but let's deal with the current president first as he is the one in a position to do a hell of a lot more damage.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ryan's not a complete chump. He has to know this bill is unlikely to pass the Senate (Tom Cotton, as conservative as they come, has said it won't repeatedly), so if it passes the House, he can go to the base and say, "see, we tried" without any of the consequences of the bill coming back to bite him and his party. Bob Dole once said that the safest paths for a Congressperson were either to support a bill that fails or oppose one that's passed. I think that's the story here.

9. Neutral Corner

YF, if a member of Reagan's cabinet had unsanctioned and undocumented contact with the Russians, he'd have been fired so fast you'd need a stop motion camera to see him dragged out the door.

If you add in the context of the Russians hacking into voter databases and attempting (hell, more than attempting, succeeding beyond their wildest dreams) to discredit the political candidate that they did not want to see in office and calling the legitimacy of the elected president into question to that sort of contact with Russians by members of the winning campaign, we're completely into electoral bizarro world. You can do the "oh, piffle, there's no proof that anything happened at all" all you want. That's pretty much what the Nixon White House said early on in Watergate. That's why the counterintelligence arms of the government and the investigative press dig into the story, to find out and expose the facts. FBI has been digging for some months now, but they are still not talking about an active investigation to anyone but the Intel committee Gang of Eight. There's something there, we the public simply don't know what and who just yet.

I'd welcome a legit investigation into the damn near non-existant voter fraud that the R's have used to disenfranchise voters at a cost of millions of dollars. As to Trump Tower being tapped, one, if he really wanted to know what went on, he could ask for the documents and declassify the them to the public to clear himself. Two, if his campaign was tapped, it was because they were on the line with agents of influence who were already being tapped for intel/counterintel reasons.

And you damn well know it.

10. outofplace

I eagerly await QY chiming in to tell you that you are just regurgitating his points because you agree with him.

This isn't a "Starman bandwagon" no matter how desperately you and QY wish it would be one. That is just a lame attempt by QY to cover up the fact that his position is illogical and now you are latching onto it for the same reason. You want to find an excuse to dismiss it, so you say it is all Starman's idea.

The question is a fair one no matter how many of you run from it. If you really believe babies are being murdered, why aren't you doing more? Once again, I am not advocating violent action as Starman does, but no real action at all? How do you justify that to yourself?

I'm not even insisting that everybody who is against abortion rights is doing it out of disrespect for women's rights. I'm sure some are legitimately disturbed by abortion. Hell, I'm uncomfortable with it.

The alternative is that you don't really see it as murder, which seems far more likely, but it makes the rhetoric QYFOS and others use complete and utter bullshit.

11. Neutral Corner

They are doing their damnedest to get it through before OMB can release accurate numbers on how many will lose their coverage and how much it will cost. I don't *think* they'll get away with that.

If it didn't fuck over the country so badly, I'd root for them to get it passed and signed so they had to live with the aftermath, with all the Dems and at least a third of the R's howling for their scalps.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. outofplace

Why? You claim that babies are being murdered and you're doing nothing.

jr/shotglass and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.