1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nate Cohn of Times Upshot had a piece today doing a deep data drive to confirm what appeared accurate on its face, the Trump-Ryan bill will have its deepest impact on older people in rural areas who voted overwhelmingly for Trump in 2016.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. So, even hypothesizing, what do you think the underlying crime is here?

3. YankeeFan

There's no such thing as THE MEDIA!!!!

It's just that conditions in political journalism are highly ripe for groupthink. There's no diversity. Pack mentality rules. And, journalists are heavily concentrated in NYC and DC.

Beyond that though, they all operate independently, do their own reporting, and come to their own conclusions.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Could you guys split the abortion debate off into a thread all it's own, please? It's a tar baby topic where no one is going to persuade someone who holds different beliefs, an Ouroboros circle jerk.

Would you five or six guys go argue and call each other names somewhere else, pretty please? This thread is dedicated to demonizing the idiocy of our Cheeto in Chief.

HanSenSE, jr/shotglass and HC like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nobody hates political media more than Nate, although he is a big rich member of same. His post-election analyses tend to ignore two things. 1. Everybody including Donald Trump thought Trump would lose right up until he won. 2. That everybody includes him. Saying "we hedged more than the other analysts" isn't exactly a ringing self-defense.
    Do political reporters engage in groupthink? Sure. Do they do so more than business, sports or entertainment reporters? I doubt it.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people get so bothered when topics they don't like get discussed. If you don't want to read it, just move onto the next post. You don't have to read every post.

7. Neutral Corner

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Nothing. This is all clearly normal and is just evidence of Democrats being meanies.

9. Neutral Corner

Oh, I do that all the time. This one has just turned into a multipage yaya of the same shit repeated over and over, It would be easier on them and us both if it had it's own space. Frankly, I don't expect it to happen, it's wishful thinking on my part.

It's not that "I don't like it", it's that there are pages and pages of the exact same shit said over and over to people who are never going to agree or even really listen and consider the points that are being made. It's fucking boring to anyone but the half a dozen people who want to beat each other over the head. Perhaps one in ten of the insults traded is somewhat amusing.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

LOL. You can't even come up with a coherent charge of wrongdoing or criminality.

Where's the evidence of any quid pro quo? If the Russians colluded with Trump, what did they want in return, and is there any evidence they've received anything?

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This is Neutral's safe space.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't think the board parents would allow the type of independence required to start threads on important issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.