1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Another reason why I think Ryan is prepared for, whether or not he wants it, the bill to fail. There's nothing to rile up a Senator, regardless of ideology, like the idea of rolling over and playing dead as a rubber stamp for the House. Rushing it through the House is almost a sure way of guaranteeing it at least stalls in the Senate.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's too bad senior Cabinet-level resignations and perjury and campaign managers receiving payoffs aren't enough evidence to conduct an investigation and find the answers to your questions.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What are you doing about it?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The gameplan for a lot of GOPers is to half-heartedly support this publicly, but hope it fails privately.

As for Cotton, he's doing some serious CYA because Arkansas is one of the states that would be hit hardest by a switch from Obamacare to Trumpcare. He's angling his attack so it appears to be from the right (we promised a full repeal!), but he's also concerned of the ramifications if that happens. Especially since the state's governor is lobbying against this bill.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Once I realized Trump thinks he sounds like Vito Corleone instead of the pipsqueak lisp he affects, his entire persona made more sense.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Flynn resigned because he wasn't honest with the VP. (I'm not sure why you used "resignations" in the plural.)

There's no evidence of perjury.

There's no evidence of a campaign manager receiving a "payoff".

An investigation has been under way since last summer, and has produced no evidence of wrongdoing on behalf of anyone associated with Trump.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Don Corleone's voice was anything like Fucko's simpering fairyboy lisp, he'd have been dropped in the river about 1922.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. Maybe someone should have been meeting with the Russians.

Instead of having clandestine meetings with Pakistani and Afghan mujahideen.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think he's too smart to get back into politics. He found out what the sharp end of the stick was like as Governor.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If this train ever gets back on the tracks, I'll never take mainstream Republicans for granted again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.