1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Okay, now I'm down the Lee Greenwood wormhole. Slow day on the desk, so I'm okay with this.

Now I know that this lyric exists:

From the shores of Nova Scotia
    To the forests in BC
    Montreal to Winnipeg
    From sea to shining sea
    Detroit we can see her
    Above the USA

And because I love comment sections...

And Jeff from Boston, Mass., wrote this inspired takedown on the SongFacts website: "Lee Greenwood is a FRAUD he also converted this song to say God Bless the UK and God Bless Canada.What a jerk, he claims in the song that he would stand with the men who fought to give us freedom. Where was he when his countries needed him in Vietnam?"

Larry from Tobaccoville, N.C. had this to say: Patriotic songs are supposed to be sapy, or at least feel sapy. It's like bragging to a friend about how great your kid is at baseball, it may be true, but others feel weird hearing you brag about it.

Matt in Raleigh, N.C. chimed in: RELAX PEOPLE! Lee Greenwood is young, talented and passionate."

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Next you'll tell me Paul Finebaum wasn't being sincere when he wrote "I Hate (your rival here) & 303 Reasons You Should Too" joke books about every football school on the map.

Hermes likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So I've exposed Lee Greenwood? It's not even noon here and yet, my day feels complete.

Ace, dixiehack and Hermes like this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I just enjoy a world in which people feel the need to go on a website and either take down or support Lee Greenwood passionately.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I was represented by Sheila Jackson Lee when I lived in Texas.

I wasn't exactly in a red area of the state.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

LOL.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Stoney and Hermes like this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You owe me responses on 10 or 15 past posts and I'm not buying into your goalpost carrying on this one.

But I'll show more integrity than you usually do and say that I'd have to learn more about it. I am against any money being taken away from public programs and given to private/religious ones, which is what you want to happen with school vouchers. I'd have zero problem with those groups losing their federal funding to be consistent with the separation of church and state.

Now try being honest in response and admit you are backpedaling regarding funding for Meals on Wheels. Thank you.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So, Trump splooged quite often during the campaign about the failures and lies in the New York Times, yet he trusted it on the wiretapp story?

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The search for tapps continues:

[​IMG]

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe YF didn't just vote for laundry. Maybe he just likes lying hypocrites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.