1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Possibly.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Well, abortion is legal. Abhorrent but legal. I never once said abortion should be illegal. That ship has sailed. But knee-jerk defense and celebration of it is disgusting. It's also hypocritical to talk about choice and the government staying out of your personal/medical business while supporting the government forcing you to purchase health insurance.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Being pro-life and pro-death penalty is hard to reconcile (and it doesn't apply to me). But it's nowhere near as fucked up as being pro-abortion and anti-death penalty. Being concerned with taking a life of a murderer but NOT being concerned about ending the life of an unborn child is about as extreme and disgusting as human thought can get.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No, I can think for myself.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or did the Merkel-Trump newser end abruptly after the German reporter asked Trump about the British wiretap story?

8. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I don't really disagree with that, but I think in 99% of instances people want the scumbag to rot in a cell. What's going to happen to a baby once it's carried to term? I'm sure it seems wishy-washy to claim to hate abortion but argue with anti-abortion folks. I just think just as many proponents come across as heartless to you for condoning the action, decrying it while complaining about entitlements seems as equally as heartless.

Either way, thanks for elaborating your thoughts. I retract my daily calendar jab ;)

QYFW likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

What a fucking diplomat.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And How is a plan that ultimately purges millions more from the rolls an improvement on anything?

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Can we make a case that Merkel was afraid he'd try and grab her elsewhere?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The head was way too thin on that pint.

Give Trump the benefit of doubt. At his age, with all the noise, he might not have heard her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.