1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

#QYCoward, I never made such a claim, but you are quite fond of writing fiction. Kind of like when you lie about your true feelings regarding abortion.

The ugliness in this discussion is largely due to the dishonest rhetoric from your side.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This is the only one Trump is interested in:

IMG_1486.JPG

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yeah that's totally the same thing.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

oop, don't post me please. There's plenty of other people here for you to argue with.

5. outofplace

You are welcome to stay out of ongoing discussions in which I am taking part, you are welcome to deal with my participation or you are welcome to kindly STFU. Thank you.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If a $23,000 ACL was the worst of your troubles -- and especially if you were buying individual insurance, with no subsidies -- you would have been way ahead with a medical savings account that allowed you to put in pre-tax money, and a low cost catastrophic plan.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You addressed me, fool. I wasn't even conversing with you.
    Keep my name out of your mouth.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nothing inaccurate in that post.

But the fact that $200K bills (much more in your particular case, I assume) exist is what needs to be fixed.

$200K is a fair price for six months of labor by a dozen people and materials to build a house. It's not a fair price for one month of medicine. And in no other country in the world would it be that price.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  9. outofplace

Actually, I hadn't used it, but please return to the topic or shut up, fart boy.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've been an adult for 38 years.

Been to a hospital two times. Once in 1984 (broken ankle and clavicle), once in 2011 (cut lip from a piece of tile that took 2-3 stitches).

The 2-3 stitches --- without insurance --- would have cost $900. My mechanic worked 10 times harder on my last car repair and charged half as much.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Same ballpark. We are inundated with pharma ads. I saw one for a pill to make your eyelashes grow. After years of that, I've built up a callous on my moral outrage about athletes using PEDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.