1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

So superficial people who want to look good is the same thing as athletes competing on a supposed level playing field. OK, got it.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Gerloldo.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The underlying motivation - I'm going to take this chemical to improve my performance and not for health reasons - is similar. To me, at least. You may see it differently. And that's great.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yeah totally the same thing.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Similar. Not same.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

On top of all the Michelle shit, sounds like three guys met at a bar and decided to start a rumor. And the rest is another international flustercluck mostly of his own making for DT.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It was around $800k total for the initial hospital stay. In fairness, he had extensive severe injuries, required a number of surgeries and also skilled nursing care in one of the high end ICU's. That said, I could have paid premiums to United Healthcare for the rest of my life and they wouldn't have made their money back. As often as I badmouthed their coverage while we used them, when it came to this they didn't bat an eye and paid damn near everything. Thank god. Just the freaking copays over the next two years about killed us. Meds, the neuropsych, various therapies, leg braces, yadda yadda.

Yes, I agree with you, medicine largely for profit is a big part of it. Add in a hundred insurance companies duplicating services and the utter impossibility of comparison shopping for price. I've *been* a care provider who had no way to tell a patient what I was about to do was going to cost. The best answer I had was "Call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card and see if they can tell you."

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I believe they should have an awards show for pharma ads. Here are some of the proposed categories:

Best Network TV-Friendly Euphemism For Sex
    Best Network TV-Friendly Euphemism (Non-Sex Division)
    Most Lopsided Ratio of Commercial to Side Effects
    Longest List of Side Effects
    Fastest Reading of a List of Side Effects
    Most Unappealing List of Side Effects
    Most Unappealing Single Side Effect
    Achievement in Obfuscation for What This Pill Really Does
    Most Obscure Ailment Addressed
    Best Adapted Screenplay

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The "debate" about health insurance so far is high-level ignorance.

Even healthy people will have ailments that don't result from an abortion or an accident. I know this goes against pre-conceived notions and talking points, but I can assure you it's true.

11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I asked some medical people about this, and they say they have to disclose risks like that, even if they are highly unlikely, to avoid some types of lawsuits.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Best New Scary Acronym

dixiehack and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.