1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Wouldn't shock me, considering how The Blaze is TV for people who find Fox News too progressive and intellectual. There have been some videos out there of Lahren in college defending liberal views on student shows, stuff like that. It was a good act for her career, I'm guessing.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Don't sell your porcine qualities short.

cisforkoke likes this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I suspect Napolitano was told to enjoy your vacation and will be brought back in a few weeks after the heat fades.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So every time Trump thinks people are mean to him, he's going to make sure he's in front of his screaming cult. Yeah, that seems healthy.

Perhaps if the health care bill and the new budget arrive DOA in the Senate, republicans will start to grow some balls and go after Trump. If they weren't sure before, they certainly know now the president is a lying, unqualified idiots who will eventually drag all of them down with him.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Trump has zero political capital. If I was a Senate Democrat, I would go a hard Hell No on Gorsuch and dare the GOP to use the nuclear option. The blood is in the water.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Gorsuch is one of the more respected judges around. And the Dems are the minority in both houses. They don't have a lot of capital in this particular fight. Then again, the fringe usually prevails on the Left.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Still don't know how I feel on this. It'll forever piss me off that the pick was stolen, that the bullshit move by the GOP worked. Part of me really wants the Dems to block Gorsuch for as long as they can. Just a big FUCK YOU.

But, even though I fundamentally disagree with Gorsuch's views, he's qualified. And not confirming a qualified candidate, like Merrick Garland, makes the Dems just as awful.

I'm hoping Trump eventually goes down, as he's a complete fraud and danger to the world. But if he doesn't, it would be better to fight the battle on the next SCOTUS pick.

I really can't decide how I feel.

I Should Coco and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

How dense is your world view to watch the political views of a woman not even old enough to rent a car in most states?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What?

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Let's talk game theory......

I mean, in seriousness, the flip side of "don't be just as awful" is "become a total doormat." If the Republicans can violate norms and there's no reciprocal consequences, then the lesson is they can run roughshod all over the Ds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.