1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So if Little Miss Yankeefan got into a heated argument with a classmate and punched her -- which probably a majority of students do sometime in their lives -- you'd want her kicked out of school? Not everything is so black and white.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This is an incredibly dumb and predictable statement.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It might be received with less skepticism if about every third thing out of your mouth wasn't an attempt to divert attention from the subject of the thread. When the headline starts with "Obama..." and you continue to point at Obama or Clinton every time some new story of Trumpworld is discussed, after a while the impact of what you point at is diluted. It's a subject worthy of discussion, but in this thread it becomes just another in an endless series of "but Hillary" derailment attempts.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I would expect her to get suspended -- and she'd be in trouble at home too.

What should the punishment be in your view, especially when we're dealing with repeat offenders?

5. YankeeFan

Louise must be pushing this story:

6. YankeeFan

Wait. What's the "subject"of this thread?

I thought this was the "one and only political thread".

Is it supposed to be all Trump criticism all the time?

QYFW likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He's afraid of falling up the stairs if he has to testify against Putin.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nope. I'm just pointing out that you have rung the bell so often that my conditioned response is for my eyes to roll back in my head, my skepticism to turn up to eleven, and my attention level to drop to near zero before I ever click the link.

As I said, there's a legit story and a discussion to be had there.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I know a place you can go to avoid pesky differences of thought.

10. YankeeFan

LOL.

Can the folks who told me all about the Facists Forever Club, and dozens of other fake, discredited stories, please tell me more about their skepticism?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Some things are. And they are certainly at play when it comes to a lot of thought about the public schools.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm not sure what his best play is, even setting aside his personal political ambitions. It will be a long 4 years, and it seems awfully early to decide to oppose the President straight through and give up any possibility of being a positive influence. My guess is that that the time will come, but I'm not going to kill him for looking at the long term here. Does every public servant have an obligation to publicly oppose everything they don't like? I don't think it works that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.