1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

As OOP noted, we all know what you meant. It wasn't a big deal. But it's sheer stubbornness to not admit that you fucked up by saying "Opioids aren't like heroin ..." The one drug you singled out to mention by name happens to be an opioid. It was a dopey thing to say. We've all done it here and elsewhere. Your refusal to admit the error is asinine.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Not to belabor the point, because I got what you meant, but that is what you said, while claiming someone else didn't know what they were talking about.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

QYFW is just straight-up bad with words. Like watching a truck try to drive across the ocean. Just not made for the medium.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Heroin isn't a manufactured synthetic but is made from opium. It is as much of an opiate as you can get short of an opium pipe.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you are a Congressman planning to take footage out of context from a hostile town hall to plant a false story, maybe don't have an aide admit that into an open mic.

HOT MIC MOMENT: Millionaire Republican Rep. Trott & team plan to portray constituents as “un-American” after townhall (UPDATED x4) | Eclectablog

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I will admit I'm wrong when doctors start prescribing heroin.

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

All right then.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ace, YankeeFan and Baron Scicluna like this.
  10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Thought Canada had it all figured out with healthcare. Now when people OD on heroin, whose fault will it be? In the US, when those who are prescribed pain killers become addicted
    to heroin, it's because they were prescribed oxy or whatever pain med. Now the doctors
    are bypassing the oxy and going right to the heroin?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly oxy's had nothing to do with the resurgence of heroin.

The opioid crisis is just as big a problem here as down there. Fentanyl has become a huge problem.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

One can only hope. Not that I like Pence. But he might not get a bunch of people killed.

Anything to cripple this GOP agenda. Health care bill is a disaster. And so is the proposed budget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.