1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

We knew Hillary used a personal email address and a home server, without proper/current security for work email. We knew she had classified information on her server and we knew she deleted thousands of emails -- including work related emails -- and then wiped her server clean.

The FBI had to determine if this was criminal, but there was no doubt it happened. And while they ultimately recommended against prosecution, they found she handled classified material improperly.

With the Trump investigation they need to first prove collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian operatives, and then also prove it was criminal.

Indications of possible coordination with suspected Russian operatives and Trump "associates" isn't a smoking gun no matter how badly you want it to be.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I get it, I was being sarcastic. I brought this topic up a while back and had a couple posters say opioid prescriptions had nothing to do with the resurgence of heroin.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

AP reports US Treasury examining Paul Manafort's "offshore banking activities." No political comment here, just the thought that if one has offshore banking activities for any reason whatsoever, it's probably time to try and simplify one's life.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

On the Deplorables site on which I lurk, everything he does is greeted with raucous cheers. One poster claimed he was "playing 19 levels of chess" while his opponents were playing checkers.

I suspect most of these associations are more business than political. If there is money to be made somewhere, rich Americans and rich Russian oligarchs are going to try to find a way to make it happen.

Let's face it, how well did Manafort succeed in "advancing Putin's agenda" across Europe and the United States? Fuck, I've done a better job of it, and I don't get paid shit.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Ask the Russian found face-down in the street yesterday with a gunshot wound to the back.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This just in ... the President doesn't think there's anything to it.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There could be a lucrative opening for you in that field any minute now. What does plutonium taste like anyhow?

dixiehack likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Go watch Maddow's show from last night. They've got documents that show that one of the two or three richest of the Russian oligarchs, a guy who is close to Putin, vacations with him, etc., paid Paul Manafort ten million dollars a year to (paraphrasing here, but close) "advance Putin's interests and agenda at the highest levels of the US government". Payments started in 2006. They don't know when or if they stopped. Manafort was Trump's campaign manager. In fact, he was so committed to that cause that he worked for free. What a guy!

Trump has been noticeably soft with regard to Russia policy. He (or his inner circle) had language regarding the Ukraine sanctions removed from the Republican platform.

Whether or not Trump knew, it is getting increasingly obvious that they are running a cover up.

Schiff said Sunday on MTP, that there was evidence of collusion with Russia but that all he had seen was circumstantial evidence. Yesterday he said that he had seen new evidence, that there was both direct and circumstantial evidence. He also described circumstantial evidence - "If you go to bed and it's cold outside, and when you get up there is snow on the ground, you didn't see it snow. All you have is circumstantial evidence that it snowed, because you see the snow but you didn't see it falling."

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you say so. I either didn't read or didn't remember your previous posts on the topic.

It is a complex issue. Saying that heroin use has become more prevalent because doctors are prescribing Oxy and other similar drugs is misleading and overly simplistic. (I'm sure you know some or all of this, but it bears repeating.) The proper use, security and disposal of those drugs by the patients is a concern. The narrative from law enforcement is most often a parent, grandparent or guardian receiving a legitimate prescription, but failing to keep the drug somewhere secure. Then it is stolen, often by a family member, and either used or distributed by that person.Those people get hooked, then switch to buying heroin because it is cheaper to purchase illegally.

Of course, there are also cases of legitimate prescription drug use turning into illicit use of heroin as well, but it was my understanding that the narrative above is the larger issue.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Ace and MisterCreosote like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.