1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've said it several times now. I wish to God that Molly Ivins was still alive and writing through all of this.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

No, he was closer to Trump than being some hired gun. He's been a personal friend and confidante of Trump's since the 1980s when he was partner of Manafort and Trump used their agency for lobbying. He reportedly helped persuade Trump to hire Manafort.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He stole that from Woodward in "All the President's Men", explaining to Bernstein that he believed they had enough to tie Haldeman as the fifth man to control the funds.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is that plagiarism, or an homage? Time will tell.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Which ought to be a tell in itself.

And again, none of this matters. The people who love Trump love him because he infuriates the people they hate.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this is a d_b. I honestly didn't have the energy to dig back through 10 pages of people arguing about heroin to find it if it's already been discussed ... but man, the ending of Trump's interview with Time ...

I inherited a mess, I inherited a mess in so many ways. I inherited a mess in the Middle East, and a mess with North Korea, I inherited a mess with jobs, despite the statistics, you know, my statistics are even better, but they are not the real statistics because you have millions of people that can’t get a job, ok. And I inherited a mess on trade. I mean we have many, you can go up and down the ladder. But that’s the story. Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not. You know. Say hello to everybody OK?

We've elected a 9-year-old boy as President of the United States.

Read President Trump's Interview With TIME on Truth and Falsehoods

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Given his "negotiating" on the health care bill, we'll all be lucky if after his meeting next month with Xi Jinping Montana isn't part of Guangdong Province.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Machine Head and poindexter like this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It was in the RIP Prince thread.

RIP Prince

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

That has nothing to do with the point I was making. How does that sink Trump?

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.