1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

All true. But, he's a political gadfly, and when Trump decided to actually run, it wasn't Stone who he hired.

Stone worked outside the campaign structure, and the fact that he sent Gucifer2.0 messages over twitter not only isn't surprising, it's unclear it would be criminal, or evidence of collusion.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

First of all, Rick Perry is a despicable human being.

But I've got to say, after reading the background of that election process, it did sound a little shady. A bit like Al Capone being taken down for tax evasion because they couldn't get him for the real reasons.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That entire interview reads like the conversation I have with my 3-year-old when he's caught doing something wrong but thinks he's slick enough to outsmart me and avoid being punished.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It still doesn't warrant Cabinet-level federal government intervention. Especially from the party that ostensibly hates that sort of thing.

And, I'm sure the fact that the disqualified student is the son of a prominent Trump donor and campaign surrogate has nothing to do with it.

And, the gay thing is totally a coincidence.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Former Russian Lawmaker Is Shot To Death Outside Hotel In Kiev

The killing has the "handwriting" of the Russian special services, Poroshenko said in a statement Thursday. According to a translation by Reuters, he said Voronenkov's murder was "an act of state terrorism on the part of Russia, which he was forced to leave for political reasons."

Responding to those accusations, Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said, "We believe that all speculations about a Russian connection are absurd," according to state-run Tass media. He also said Ukraine "had proved unable to take care of Voronenkov's security," the outlet reports.

Poroshenko said Voronenkov was a key witness in Ukraine's inquiry into former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych and Russian military involvement in the country.

When he fled Russia, Voronenkov did so along with his wife, Maria Maksakova, who is also a former lawmaker. She was seen at the site of her husband's killing today, being restrained by police and emergency workers.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If Trump makes it through this term, I'm gonna be sitting on a lot of worthless "Impeach Pence" T-shirts.

HanSenSE, dixiehack and Michael_ Gee like this.
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

When personal responsibility meets addiction, addiction usually wins.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I hope no tragedy befalls any of you good people, but if it does I will try to ensure that your obituary contains the clause, "a vocal critic of United States President Donald Trump", no lower than the second paragraph. So everyone will know that he orchestrated your demise. :)

Ace likes this.
  11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

They should read from this thread for the filibuster.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Is this the same trial that the lawyer who "fell" out of a fourth floor window was supposed to testify at yesterday?

*edit* Nope, that was a different witness in a different trial. It's hard to keep track of all the reporters, opponents of Putin, complainants in trials, witnesses, and people who have been revealed as taking part in wrongdoing who somehow suddenly turn up dead.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.