1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Eggs-actly. :)

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's trying the Ollie North gambit. Tell some to Congress so as to make criminal prosecution impossible.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There have been rumors that she is considering a run in my district, which I would strongly oppose. I'm tired of the Clintons, their style of politics and the people with whom they surround themselves.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No doubt that health care will be an ongoing process. But after seven years of bitching about it, throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks at the last minute does not seem normal.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The Clinton name is rubbish within the party now. Hillary got run over by an unknown in '08 and, refusing to take the hint, she and the Democrats made it clear that she was the one and only choice in '16, running on the inspiring platform of, "Uh, I'm a woman and it's MY TURN GODDAMNIT." Stuffing another Clinton into the arena on lineage alone would be disastrous. Just as Jeb is radioactive because of his brother, so too is Chelsea.

[​IMG]

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Give her all of the fucking honors you want. May every single lunch of the year for her be an honor or presentation.

But do not, ever write: Just like her mother, Chelsea Clinton never gets a break. It is complete and utter bullshit.
    She made $600k a year working for NBC news. $300k working as a board member for Barry Diller’s IAC/InteractiveCorp.

Those are "breaks" that the average Joe doesn't have a sniff at.

dixiehack, QYFW, YankeeFan and 3 others like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Although it's been said, many times many ways: This was the first of several mistakes made by the Dems in the last campaign, going all-in with Hillary. Obviously, they wanted a coronation, not a primary process, but a scrum, in retrospect, may have been the best thing. Good grief, if she had trouble with Sanders ...

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

For seven years now the Republicans have bitched about how Obamacare was rammed through too quickly and the details were not well thought out. Now they're trying to ram through Ryancare in four weeks, the last week of which has featured armtwisting, pork mongering, empty promises, and changes to the bill that cut the deficit reduction in half.

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

BTExpress likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Quick, somebody tell cran somebody hacked his account.

QYFW likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ted Kennedy never got to be President. But there's a Kennedy in the House right now from tw0 generations after his. Voters are not as opposed to family dynasties in politics as you think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.