1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why is it my move? Why am I supposed to care either way about Chelsea Clinton?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The only thing stopping this bill (at least in the House) is that there are dozens of Republicans angry that it doesn't screw people over more. And they'll all get re-elected if they want to run again.

Think about that.

This country won't be around to celebrate the tricentennial. Civil war or foreign conquest will take us out before then.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I can't even envision how snobbish and entitled people will be in this country in 10 years, let alone 2076.

This country really is General Motors, which spent so many decades at the top of the heap telling the world that it was the standard that it didn't have the self-awareness to see or care that it was slipping. Just kept feeding itself more bullshit and lies. When the truth finally did sink in it took three decades for them to finally right the ship and get its act together, and it's still not done.

4. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

"Tired of the Clintons" ... "With whom they surround themselves" ...

Geez, that sounds familiar. I get it, but what did we get largely because of that sentiment? Donald J. Trump and the people with whom he surrounds himself. Well done, America.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

But, but, but... What's good for General Bullmoose is good for the USA!

6. Neutral Corner

So when they throw Ryan under the bus (couldn't happen to a nicer guy, unless we can wedge Mitch McConnell under there too) who is going to be egotistical and self-destructive enough to take the job of Speaker of the House?

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Hey, I voted for her, donated money to her campaign and repeatedly warned people about the perils of voting third party, but the election is over and now it's time to fix the problems.

SnarkShark, Hermes and poindexter like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Trump. You technically don't have to be a representative.

9. Neutral Corner

These fuckers are incapable of learning or just don't give a shit. My money is on both. He produced the movie, and even said before plugging it ""Well, I'm not allowed to promote anything that I'm involved in," Mnuchin told Axios executive editor Mike Allen in an interview during the event. "So I just want to have the legal disclosure that you've asked me the question and I am not promoting any product. But you should send all your kids to 'Lego Batman.'"

President Trump’s Treasury Secretary Made a Plug for ‘Lego Batman.’ And Probably Broke Ethics Rules

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

exactly. I spent the summer of 1994 studying in London and a bomb went off in front of Lady Diana's apartment near my classroom one morning. Then on the day I was going back to the states -- late August, hot as fuck, with me toting twice as much stuff as I arrived with -- a bomb scare shut down the tunnel going to Heathrow, so we had to get off our shuttle bus and walk like a mile and a half to the airport. I damn near had a coronary from the heat and lugging all the stuff. I missed my flight.

That same summer I hopped over to Dublin for a weekend. When i came back, I was detained by customs at Heathrow bc it turns out I was a dead ringer for a wanted IRA solider. Good times. Took me three hours till I could get a hold of someone at the college in London who could verify my story.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Some of the latest reported 'no's are from moderates. It's not just the Freedom Caucus blowing it up with demands over benefits. And at least one of the latter -- Dave Brat -- is talking about how the bill does absolutely nothing to control costs. Until that issue becomes important to enough Republicans, may the Ryan wing and this terrible bill be shoved into the trash bin of history.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.