1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It did about 7 years ago and can't get over that mistake.

jr/shotglass and FileNotFound like this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Damn. We had our chance.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The great negotiator. Next he'll tell Mexico if they don't cut a check for the wall by Palm Sunday the whole thing's getting shelved.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

If he hasn't already, I'm sure Trump will soon rationalize this as a great victory. Once Obamacare craters next year, it'll be incredible how bad the Dems will look. Blah blah blah....

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's not a good bill just because your side passed it. That would be like me saying the AHCA is a good bill because I generally support Republicans. But I'm neither stupid or dishonest enough to say such a thing.

SpeedTchr and BTExpress like this.
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He needs to hurry...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/us/politics/health-care-affordable-care-act.html

WASHINGTON — House Republican leaders, facing a revolt among conservatives and moderates in their ranks, pulled legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act from consideration on the House floor Friday afternoon in a humiliating defeat for President Trump on the first legislative showdown of his presidency.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Fly likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, pulling out at the last minute was the key to TrumpCare's womens' health program.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

So: Both political parties have suffered crushing, humiliating defeats in the last few months. Maybe NOW might be a good time to suspend the partisan bullshit and maybe get to work trying to accomplish something that actually benefits the people?

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They won't see it that way. Wish they would, but they won't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.