1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

David Gergen on the speech: "It was delusional in some ways."

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

SUCK IT YOU BABOON

HanSenSE and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If I were Trump, to save face I'd lock Hillary up and lead a chain gang of inmates to start building that wall.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

No one is going to look at his bluster the same way now. He took a very hard line in these negotiations. He threatened to campaign against anyone who voted no and said he would force them to take a vote. He gave them an ultimatum: You must vote on Friday. And then he completely folded. Republican leadership now knows that he has no superpowers, no public support, and frankly, not as much clout as they had thought.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Which is why he didn't want the job in the first place.

It's an even worse job now with a Republican President. Now people actually expect something out of Congress.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Maybe Trump can invite the trucks back to cheer him up. They might let him blow the horn this time.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

True. But I was also busy.

HC likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

First honest thing Paul Ryan has ever said.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ivanka lets him honk her honkers.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Winning was easy, young man, governing is harder.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

All I can do is tell you what I know.

---- Putin is the leader of one of the world's most powerful countries. He has millions of critics, despite his relatively high approval rating. Many well-known political and media members criticize him every day . . . yet aren't being murdered.

---- I don't doubt Putin is ruthless enough to kill anyone who might stand in his way. I do not, however, believe "criticizing him" is a strong enough standard for him to give a moment's thought to. Killing someone for criticizing you is the way a 7-year-old child might think --- you know, the person currently sitting in the Oval Office.

---- Many of these assailants have been arrested, tried and convicted. The assailant in Kiev yesterday was killed. It takes a great deal of loyalty --- or intimidation by Putin --- for someone to risk his life and liberty to murder someone on his orders. If the murders really were ordered by him, wouldn't these assailants all get away with it?

---- Many of the murders are quite public --- too public for the way the FSB operates. The assailant in Kiev yesterday was a member of the Ukrainian national guard (basically a neo-Nazi group not officially affiliated with the government whose basic duty is to "protect Ukraine from the evil Russians", even if it means killing and torturing civilians in the rebel eastern part of the country). In other words, the assailant in all likelihood had a bitter hatred of Russia and Putin.

---- One of the most notable victims for members of this board was Anna Politkovskaya, a journalist. Her family doesn't think Putin had anything to do with her murder. Her friends don't believe Putin had anything to do with her murder. But the West does! Don't you find that just a little strange? We don't believe the people most distraught by her murder --- much better to just press the Easy Button.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Trump has a tiny, malfunctioning penis. Pass it on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.