1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This has to be so weird for everybody in Washington.

Perspective | ‘Hello, Bob’: President Trump called my cellphone to say that the health-care bill was dead

The Post's Robert Costa:

President Trump called me on my cellphone Friday afternoon at 3:31 p.m. At first I thought it was a reader with a complaint since it was a blocked number.

Instead, it was the president calling from the Oval Office. His voice was even, his tone muted. He did not bury the lede.

“Hello, Bob,” Trump began. “So, we just pulled it.”

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is one of the best things about Trump.

Though, you have to wonder if some reporter is going to get suckered by a Trump impersonator.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's so sweet you'd post that.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Seriously though, if you're a GOP senator, how do you do anything besides order the top shelf liquor and make sure to go to all three prayer services on Sunday to show gratitude for not having to go on the record for this turkey of a bill?

8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Perhaps that's true. But why would anyone believe anything this administration says? Pretty much everything has been a lie.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

From the start, the ACA had flaws. But it was a huge first step.

Honestly, what the fuck is wrong with fixing the parts that don't work? I suppose that makes too much sense.

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Lost in the whole Dem celebration today is the fact that the House GOP is still very, very good at passing bills repealing Obamacare.

Even with this one, what are they? 9-1 or something? Maybe they can do another practice one next week to keep their spirits up.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

We're 10-1!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.