1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You're focusing on Russia's motivations, when in reality, the issue is Trump's motivations.

For Trump, it could be more profits for his businesses with Russian ties.

But of course, we don't know that for sure, since, after all, Trump refuses to do what presidents of the past have done and released his tax returns so that the American public would know what potential conflicts of interest he may have.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily ..."

I'm fairly convinced he ended that sentence with ".. by our press" just to be a little less obvious about what he was promising.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

A tweet with something for both YankeeFan and Starman. An a astounding achievement.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The investigation into Trump is ongoing. Clinton's is done.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's not an attempt to "deflect", no mater what @outofplace might think.

I'm just trying to figure out what the supposed crime is. Can you tell me? What do we think anyone did that was criminal?

7. YankeeFan

Someone like Roger Stone, or maybe even Trump, might have been cheering on Russia/Wikileaks as they released information that proved embarrassing/damaging to Hillary Clinton and the DNC, but that's not the same thing as collusion.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How would we know? That's why they investigate, to see what they can turn up. That's why we want a good look at what Team Trump was up to, and it's why all the sneaking and peeking and covering up makes people suspicious. Congress and the FBI is going to dig into it and see if there is evidence of wrongdoing, whether it is taking laundered Russian money for the campaign or knowing when Russia was going to release hacked info so the attacks on Clinton would be well timed.

The difference is that if after six or seven tries, if you can't find anything to indict for, you admit it and shut up about it.

9. YankeeFan

Yes. But, again, in the case of Hillary Clinton, the investigations were seeking to determine whether Hillary Clintons actions (or lack thereof) were negligent (Benghazi) and/or criminal (email server).

What is the action the Trump campaign/transition/administration took (or failed to take) that is allegedly criminal? Can anyone tell me?

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan has been on the Clinton investigation since the 90's, he isn't giving up now.

dixiehack and YankeeFan like this.
  11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And, once again, let's not forget the real story ...

12. YankeeFan

The whole Russia thing is a huge distraction for the Democrats. They've seized on it as an excuse for why they lost.

I welcome it.

Far better that they spend their time investigating Trump than spend it trying to win back white, working class voters in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

QYFW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.